Responsibilities and requirements:
• maintain inventory accuracy and erform database reconciliation on daily basis.
• Familiarity with automated laboratory equipment, scientific database, E-notebook a plus.
• Assist with laboratory support tasks such as documentation management, shipping/receiving.
• Adheres to laboratory safety standard, including proper use of PPE, safety enclosures and other equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree with 0-4 years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
• The individual should be well organized and detail oriented, with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
• The individual should have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Previous customer service experience a plus.
The Lab/Office Assistant is responsible for helping technologists and scientists during lab tests and research as well as assisting in managing the office duties.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform daily instrument calibration, maintenance, trouble shooting and sample testing
- Generate lab testing report
- Provide analysis/purification supporting chemistry department
- Track and process orders, manage incoming inquiries
- Manage inventory to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Packaging and shipping
- Ensure all sales are invoiced and paid on time
- Coordinate with IT on website maintenance, new product updates and product information updates
- Establish, organize and track lab/office operations and procedures
- Update and maintain HR policy to ensure compliance
- Provide assistance to new hires
- Work with safety, health and environment agencies to ensure compliance
- Experience as an Lab/ Office assistant
- Proficiency in MS Office products
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task
- Attention to details with excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Previous experience in accounting /admin is a plus