Responsibilities and requirements:
• maintain inventory accuracy and erform database reconciliation on daily basis.
• Familiarity with automated laboratory equipment, scientific database, E-notebook a plus.
• Assist with laboratory support tasks such as documentation management, shipping/receiving.
• Adheres to laboratory safety standard, including proper use of PPE, safety enclosures and other equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree with 0-4 years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
• The individual should be well organized and detail oriented, with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
• The individual should have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Previous customer service experience a plus.
The Lab/Office Assistant is responsible for helping technologists and scientists during lab tests and research as well as assisting in managing the office duties.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Perform daily instrument calibration, maintenance, trouble shooting and sample testing
• Generate lab testing report
• Provide analysis/purification supporting chemistry department
• Track and process orders, manage incoming inquiries
• Manage inventory to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Packaging and shipping
• Ensure all sales are invoiced and paid on time
• Coordinate with IT on website maintenance, new product updates and product information updates
• Establish, organize and track lab/office operations and procedures
• Update and maintain HR policy to ensure compliance
• Provide assistance to new hires
• Work with safety, health and environment agencies to ensure compliance
• Experience as an Lab/ Office assistant
• Proficiency in MS Office products
• Excellent time management and ability to multi-task
• Attention to details with excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
• A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
• Previous experience in accounting /admin is a plus